Monday, January 30, 2006

No drawings

Sometimes words don't need illustrations...

I've taken this from someone's blog and now ,I am sorry, but I cannot remember who's.Sorry, sorry...
But I find it really beautiful..


Excerpt from The Inventor's Diary: "Imagine Me and You, I Do" -

"...before we ever met, and even yet, I hold dear my visions of you, swinging high as the sky from the old willow tree. I dutifully push you higher and higher, aglow from the sound of your giggles amid squeels of delight. The smoothness of your skin torched a fire inside of me, an encounter with strange feelings that I didn't yet understand but intuitively knew were right and good. I imagine sweeter things than these, like rushing madly, hand-in-hand, to the old red barn and racing up well-used wooden ladders, polished silver from age and wear. Playing hide and seek in the hay if it wasn't too hot - it always was - and laying there, tracing your face with my fingers, eyes closed, memorizing every dimple, crease and curve...until the heat overwhelmed us and sent us running back to the coolness of the meadows and fields. I smile and remember, marveling at the perfectness of innocent love. Then cry, regaining my senses, I realize that we're not innocent anymore..."

This I got from a friend in Barcelona.

texto

3 Comments:

Blogger carla said...

Carla - the top one is from Mick Mather's blog.

Something just struck me when I looked at your photograph and the faces on the people and the cats again...there's so much of you in them! No wonder they look so wonderful - full of fun and mystery. There's a special little twinkle in the eyes...

3:16 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

Hi Kika,
I don't mind that you reproduced the piece. It goes with an image by the way, as you must've seen at one time...why not add it, too? Permission given. :)

5:52 PM  
Blogger delu said...

Hi, Carla

Love what you do, really warm and cute work.

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home